Sunday, January 30, 2011

When wife may petition for dissolution of marriage

Any wife may present a petition to the District Court or to the High Court, praying that his marriage may be dissolved on the ground that, since the solemnization thereof, her husband has exchanged his profession of Christianity for the profession of some other religion, and gone through a form of marriage with another woman
Or has been guilty of incestuous adultery,
Or of bigamy with adultery,
Or of marriage with another woman with adultery,
Or of rape, sodomy or bestiality,
Or of adultery coupled with such cruelty as without adultery would have entitled her to a divorce,
Or of adultery coupled with desertion, without reasonable excuse, for two years or upwards.
Contents of petition. -Every such petition shall state, as distinctly as the nature of the case permits, the facts on which the claim to have such marriage dissolved is founded.

1 comment: